AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, January 01, 2012

RON AND PENNY ARE BACK HOME

"We are back from our 22 day, 4700 mile trip thru ten states. We had clear road until we hit California and then it was snowing over the El Cajon pass but the snow was melting almost as fast as it hit.

On our way home thru Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming things changed when we got to Bozeman. We got up and we had a lot of rain that night and snow and the doors were frozen. I had to work hard to scrape off the ice on the windows and get the doors open.

We drove for thirty five miles on roads I do not care to drive on with the snow pack. Then it was good pretty much until the Big Horn Mtns near Sheridan and another fifty miles, but one lane was fairly good. Only car trouble was at my cousin Dan's, We got ready to leave and my battery was dead, so he gave me a jump. The other problem was my windshield wipers were frozen and covered with ice at Bozeman. I tried to scrape off a lot and then when driving, I turned them on and one wiper flew off.  Thankfully it was on Penny's side as her window was quite dirty with a long way to go. Have to get a new one, and had just replaced them recently.

Nice to travel but nice to get home."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER