AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

IT'S LIBERACE DAY

LIBERACE DIED 4 FEBRUARY 1987
 
You've got to admit that, next to me, Liberace was, probably, the most colorful person to ever come out of Wisconsin.
 
It's an interesting coincidence that it was 44 years ago today, February 3, 1970 that I first met Ron and Penny when they arrived in Rapid City.
 
Ron was hired to be our engineer at the radio station but that didn't last long.  He was the most worthless radio engineer I ever met in my many years in the business.  It turned out, however, that he had a gift for sales and he turned out to be the best radio salesman I ever knew.
 
Ron, Penny and I traveled a lot of miles together in the old days and one of our stops was in Las Vegas to see Liberace at the Hilton.  Like I said, Ron was the best salesman I ever knew.  Good enough to convince the doorman at he Hilton show room that we were VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE.  I won't tell you HOW he did it but I will tell you we ended up with front row seats for the show!!
 
And, I have to tell you, the Liberace show was the best show I ever saw in Vegas and he knew how to open a show!
 
 


DONNIE FOUND THIS.  I nearly died laughing.

CAR TALK: Will the next big thing be cars talking to each other?  READ THIS INTERESTING ARTICLE FROM NPR

CUTE PHOTO



There aren't many of you who still send emails to my Yahoo! address but, for those who do, I can no longer access Yahoo! mail because I won't download another browser so please send your emails to my Gmail address.  Thanks.

 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER