AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, February 02, 2014

HIGHS WILL BE NEAR 20 TODAY AND TOMORROW. THEN BITTERLY COLD SINGLE DIGIT HIGHS ON WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY.

BE WATCHING FOR THIS PIZZA HUT COMMERCIAL DURING THE SUPER BOWL.  It's features MARY HVIZDA who is better known as the "Grandma Drummer".  Believe it, or not, MARY IS FROM LA CROSSE!!  YOU GO GIRL!!!



SCREW YOU YAHOO!  I can no longer access my Yahoo! Calendar, which I have used for years, unless I download Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer because they have changed the calendar format.

First of all, I already have Internet Explorer installed so I don't know why I should have to install it again.  Second, I'm not computer savvy enough to start downloading anything because it always causes me big problems, which I can't fix, or slows the computer down to a snails pace so forget Yahoo!  They're history as far as I'm concerned.

What that all means is that I've lost all of my birthday and anniversary information so IF YOU HAVE ANY EVENTS COMING UP IN MARCH LET ME KNOW and I'll put it on my new WINDOWS 8 calendar which is the best calendar I've ever found and which I'm now using.  Thanks!


DONNIE AND LINDA WILL GET SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER TOO!



This makes me want to cry.  This is the exact view I had, out my bedroom window, for the two years I was in Key West.


You've, probably, already seen the "best" Super Bowl ads but what about the WORST SUPER BOWL ADS?  I don't know who picked these, from last year, because I think a couple of them are pretty funny...but that's just me.  Never mind.
 


Did you know?  THE FIRST GROUNDHOG DAY CELEBRATION WAS HELD IN PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA. IN 1887.  That makes Punxsutawney Phil one OLD groundhog dude!

PHYLLIS DILLER TALKS ABOUT FOOTBALL:  "The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public."

This is BOY SCOUT ANNIVERSARY WEEK.  My Scouting career lasted about 2 weeks.  Tying knots in ropes seemed like a total waste of time and I never could figure out what I was supposed to be prepared for.

Has anyone ever told you YOU'RE SO CREATIVE?  Well, guess what!

Want a sinfully delicious after dinner cocktail?  Try a CHOCOLATE WATERFALL.

1 oz. chocolate liqueur
3/4 oz. cherry liqueur
1/2 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur
2 oz. heavy whipping cream
espresso powder

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.  Shake it, baby, shake it.  Strain into a chilled martini glass and dust with espresso powder.

Wouldn't that be good after your Easter dinner?  Beats the hell out of a chocolate egg.

 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER