AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

RUN YOUR ASS OFF LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

The Farmers Market in Cameron Park, across the street from the Co-op, opens for the season Friday night.  With rain and snow and temperatures in the 30's and 40's, I will be missing the opening!  Maybe I'll try it on another weekend if we ever have a summer.    The picture is from last summers Farmers Market on a much warmer day!

DID YOU EVER HAVE A DAY LIKE THIS?  I've had a ton of them.
I didn't wake up until 5 A.M.  Half the day is gone by 5 A.M.
 
I stayed up until 9, last night, watching PBS to see the Queen get crowned again.  I wanted to see it again because I remember the first time I saw it.
 
 
It was 1953.  We had just moved to Wisconsin from South Dakota.  I was 13.  Donnie was 6.  Cousin David was Graduating from high school in Waterloo.
 
Uncle Carl and Aunt Lib were rich.  They had a TV!  Only rich people could afford a TV in those days.  It was another three years before we got a TV.
 
Anyway, they crowned the Queen and took a million miles worth of film to cover the event.  They rushed the film to the airport, flew it to America and the TV networks broadcast it the next day.
 
I remember us all sitting in the living room, at Carl and Libs, watching the big event unfold while we waited to go to David's graduation.  Two big events in one day!  Even with my bad memory I couldn't forget that!
 
So I watched it all again, last night, kind of wishing I could go back there and live it all over again.  If I had known then, what I know now, I would have payed closer attention to all the stuff that happened between then and now.
 
That's a big problem with life.  We don't spend enough time really paying attention to what's happening right now.  We miss the now while we worry about what happened yesterday or what may happen tomorrow.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER