AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, April 29, 2013

I was thinking about Roger and his birds and the show they were at in Oshkosh this past weekend.  Then I thought about another person who has a bunch of birds.

Remember Heidi Fleiss?  The Hollywood Madam?  All that is behind her now.  She's out of prison and living with her birds in Nevada.

I think the enjoyment she gets from birds is about the only thing that she and Roger have in common.



I sure am lovin' this weather.  Sunny  sky, warm temperatures.  Everybody is walking around in T-shirts.  I saw a guy driving by in his convertable with the top down.  Spring has sprung........for a couple of days.

Another cold fron arrives Wednesday with highs in the 40's, lows in the 30's and a chance of rain and snow.  Back to the parka.  There's just no end to this winter.
Donnie mentioned that he thought Westheimer, in Houston, was a long street.  I thought I had heard, at one time, it was the longest street in the USA or in the world or something.

Donnie had thought he had heard that
Avenida 9 de Julio in Buenos Aires was the longest.

He and I both did some research.  Turns out that Avenida 9 de Julio is, actually, THE WIDEST STREET IN THE WORLD with up to 11 lanes of traffic.  If you get in one of the middle lanes how the hell would you ever get off??

I did some more research and there are all kids of opinions on the longest street in the USA.

Figueroa Street in Los Angeles is one of the longest at 30 miles.  MacCorkle Avenue in Charleston, West Virginia is 36 miles long and Colfax in Denver runs 26 miles.

I don't know if you can count this but Broadway, in New York, begins at Bowling Green in lower Manhattan and runs all the way to Albany, New York 150 miles away.  The official name of Broadway is, however, Highway 9.

Westheimer Road, in Houston, actually runs about 19 miles.

Now, you know everything you ever wanted to know about the length of streets, and then some!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER