AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, April 28, 2013

HAPPY SUNNY SUNDAY!


Bert says Koko now weighs 3 pounds.  Not quite a heavy weight yet!




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


UNCLE CARL DIED
15 YEARS AGO TODAY
-----------------------------
TODAY IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE DAYS!


Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
 Did you know that North America produces nearly 90% of all the blueberries in the world and about 25% of those are produced in Maine.
 DONNIE HAD A WET AND WILD NIGHT IN HOUSTON
 


"Well, this is one way to see some rain. 

I'm right in the middle of a Houston downpour--nearly 5" just since I got to town, and flooding all around. 

I am safe in a motel on Westheimer, and the concert tonight was just a few blocks away, so I could minimize the danger. Many orchestra members didn't make it, but the show went on. 

I'm reminded of that Houston storm we drove home in from NASA."

Yes, I remember that scary drive from NASA.  I also remember, years ago, that Aunt Wilda and Uncle Jim came to Houston, while I was living there, and they got caught in a Houston downpour.

When they got home, Aunt Wilda wrote that they planned on calling me to see if we could get together but it was raining so hard that they drove right through the city without stopping.  She said, they had never seen rain like that. 

They couldn't have come to see me anyway.  Fountainview, the street I lived on, always flooded almost to my knees in a heavy rain.

I always giggle when people, here, say we had a "heavy" rain.  You folks don't know what heavy rain is until you've been in a tropical rain that comes in off the Gulf.

We had a couple of those when I was working at the airport.  The road to Bush Intercontinental Airport always floods in one of those heavy rains.  Everything comes to a stop.  No planes in.  No planes out.  Arriving passengers can't get out of the airport and departing passengers can't get in.  We earned our money during those heavy rains!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER