AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, July 05, 2012

THOUGHTS ON THE 4TH

So much for the 4th of July.  I suppose a lot of stores will be busy today, moving things around, making room for the Christmas displays which will go up long before the first cold snap.

I mentioned, the other day, that my neighborhood fireworks fanatic had not been entertaining us, this year, with his late night, back yard, bombs.  He made up for it early this morning.  The first round of blasts woke me, and I'm sure the rest of the neighborhood, around 1:30 A.M.  It was quite a show with bombs bursting in air.  I have a feeling this is not a kid but some deranged adult.  In any event, there was no going back to sleep.

Did anyone else watch the Capitol 4th celebration on PBS?  Such a joy to see a real jewel amid the parade of junk you normally see, night after night, on TV.  Such a big show with so many acts and it went off without a single glitch, as far as I could see.  A great performance!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER