AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, July 07, 2012

ON A PERSONAL NOTE

When I was working at the airport, in Houston, so many years ago, the late afternoon and early evening hours were my favorite (and most profitable) hours.  We had a flight to London and a flight to Paris that, both, departed during that time and the club would be filled with so many interesting folks on their way to Europe.

With that in mind, I was sorry to read that, with the merger between Continental and United, the old Continental flight from Houston to Paris will be discontinued in September.

United will be cutting several other international flights as well as 1,300 jobs in the Houston area.

That's sad news, indeed.  I can only say I'm thankful Willard and I were there during the good times.  And, best of luck to those folks who will be out of a job during these times when a good job is hard to find.

Donnie commented:
We all were "there during the good times," and too often didn't realize it. Young people today may soon be recalling the present as their good times.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER