AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, November 23, 2013

YESTERDAYS POSTS

MY FAVORITE TWEET OF THE DAY



Wind chill digits will stay in the single numbers today and into tomorrow morning.  If you think I'm going outside today your nuts.

The wind chill at 5:00 A.M. was 2 BELOW

In Worland at 5:00 A.M. it was 2 below with a wind chills of 11 below.  That almost makes me happy I'm in La Crosse.

It's no surprise that we'll have a cold weekend.  That's to be expected in Wisconsin in late November.


On the other hand, when you're looking for a high of only 39 in Austin, Texas today that's pretty unusual.  Donnie and Linda will be wearing the heavy jackets today.

Hey!  Those Wyoming cowboys are alright!  Ranchers from Wyoming have already shipped more than 20 cattle to South Dakota and more are on the way to help make up for all the cattle that were lost during the October blizzard in western South Dakota.



A husband and wife were having dinner at a very fine restaurant when this absolutely stunning young woman comes over to their table, gives the husband a big open mouthed kiss, then says she'll see him later and walks away.

 
The wife glares at her husband and says, "Who the hell was that?"
Y"Oh," replies the husband, "she's my mistress."

"Well, that's the last straw," says the wife. "I've had enough, I want a divorce!"

"I can understand that," replies her husband, "but remember, if we get a divorce it will mean no more shopping trips to Paris, no more wintering in Barbados, no more summers in Tuscany, no more Infiniti or Lexus in the garage and no more yacht club.
 
But the decision is yours."

Just then, a mutual friend enters the restaurant with a gorgeous babe on his arm.

"Who's that woman with Jim?" asks the wife.

"That's his mistress," says her husband.

"Ours is prettier than his," she replies.




The holidays are coming up to full speed in La Crosse.  Those sad looking little wreaths are hung on the lamp posts, the Christmas lights will be turned on in Riverside Park this coming week and it's holiday fair time at the La Crosse Center this weekend.  Hours are 9 to 5 today and 10 to 3 tomorrow.
 
 
 
Talk about CRAZY weather:
  

The worlds first jukebox was installed at the Palais Royale Saloon on November 23, 1889.





I've now reached the zenith of old age.  I have more hair in my ears than I have on my head.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER