AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, November 18, 2013

YESTERDAYS POSTS

The Texas Militia.


A town in Norway has to depend on mirrors for sunlight during the winter months.  CHECK OUT THIS INTERESTING ARTICLE HERE



Today is National vichyssoise day but I'm not celebrating.  I'm not about to eat anything that I can't spell.

AMAZON DEFORESTATION IS UP 28% IN THE PAST YEAR

I was going to go to Festival this morning but the weather changed my mind. With temperatures in the upper 30's and wind gusts to 30 MPH, this sounds like a better day to stay inside and wash clothes.  Tomorrow we'll be back in the upper 40's with a calmer wind.  That's much better outside weather.







I wonder if Rita and Roger remember they bought their Toyota Van three years ago today.

THIS IS NATIONAL BOOK AWARENESS WEEK

 Have you seen these razor commercials.  They are so much fun I have to share it.
 

 Don't let your wife catch you sending this one around
 
It looks like a few people have come around to my way of thinking.  A National survey, taken by the government, now shows that 3 out of every 4 people asked, would be open to taking public transportation rather than driving to work.
 

 

I tweeted that I wasn't all that happy with WINDOWS 8 and Windows was listening.

Just knowing a company is interested enough to offer help is a good feeling.  There aren't a lot of companies like that left.
 
I sent the tweet in a moment of frustration and that's not a good thing to do.
 
It's not that windows 8 is bad.  It isn't.  In fact most of it I like but it's taking a while to get used to it.
 
I would have to go along with a lot of other folks who have commented that the tile window is neat to look at but more a gimmick than a help in finding a particular favorite.
 
The tiles seem to float around and, most of the time, I have to scan through all of the tiles to find the one I'm looking for.  It would be a great help if they would arrange themselves in alphabetical order rather than just appearing somewhere in the maze.
 
Give me a little more time.  I'll figure it out.

November 18, 1978
More than 900 people died
in the Jonestown mass suicide..

1 comment:

det said...

The other lesson from your tweet exchange with Microsoft/Windows8 is that you are being watched. Everything you do and say on line is being monitored, for the purpose of manipulating you. But of course if tou have nothing to hide and nothing to buy, you have nothing to fear.

LA CROSSE WEATHER