AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

YESTERDAY'S POSTS


The latest La Crosse forecast says up to an inch of snow tomorrow night.

Old Man Winter is about ready to make his entrance.  Worland could get an inch or two of snow tonight and then tomorrow's high will only be around 25.

Rapid City won't get much warmer than 20 tomorrow.

And, of course, this first blast of really cold air will get here just in time for the weekend.  Here, in La Crosse, our Saturday high will be around 22  and Sunday might reach 25.


Today is SNOWPLOW DRIVER
APPRECIATION DAY in Wisconsin.  Can you imagine what winter would be like without these folks?

WHEN YOU GOTTA GO.....
 
HERE' A NEAT TRICK!
 
In Hollywood they're planning on making a sequel to "It's a Wonderful Life".  Sounds like another very bad idea from Tinsel Town. 
 
 
AccuWeather says bitter cold arctic air is heading our way for the weekend.  We're talking about the coldest weather, so far, this season.  By Saturday wind chills of 0 to 10 degrees will be possible. 
 
 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY
DICKIE SMOTHERS
73 TODAY

 
A few days ago, I mentioned that Rita had a bread making machine at one time.  She made a loaf of bread while I was there and then I never heard of the bread making machine again.
 
Today she sent an email with "the rest of the story".
 
 
Yes, I had a bread maker - and I made bread in it. One day, years ago, I invited some friends for dinner and we were sitting on the porch visiting while the bread maker was making bread. All of the sudden one of our guests said he smelled something burning. I went into the kitchen and saw smoke pouring out of the bread maker. I yelled and Roger came in and opened the machine, only to find flames flying out of it. He closed it, carried it outside, and put the fire out..

Being the consumer I am, I wrote to the company (a prominent bread making company) and told them about it, suggesting they not tell people they can leave it running when no one is home. They wrote me a letter apologizing. They wanted to see the burned out machine and we sent it to them. They sent us a new bread maker. It never worked correctly. I threw it out and gave up. No more bread makers for me.



The National Weather Service says a 90% chance for rain today.  Guess I'll stay home.
 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER