AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, November 21, 2013

YESTERDAYS POSTS

I love this picture and the world needs a lot more people like this firefighter.


This will be a busy week for the folks who are getting ready for the annual Thanksgiving Dinner at the La Crosse Center.  The doors will open at 10:00 A.M.  There's a Thanksgiving worship service at 10:30 A.M. and they'll serve dinner from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.  For more information YOU CAN CLICK HERE TO VISIT THEIR WEBSITE

Mother Nature's set to get us into the holiday mood with a bit of snow tonight.

ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE:


 LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT WITH ACCUMULATIONS
OF 1 TO 2 INCHES POSSIBLE. THE SNOW COULD LEAD TO SLIPPERY STRETCHES ON AREA ROADS.


SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO FRIDAY MORNING AND COULD LEAD TO A
SLIPPERY MORNING COMMUTE.


It's super cold out west this morning.  At 6:00 AM (MST) Rapid City was at 12 degrees and Worland at 13.

 
NAP NAP TIME
 
 Wow!  Did you see that struggling J. C. Penny's will kick off the holiday season selling pants for $1.97.  They're not kidding around as they fight for their very survival.  They'll even be open on Thanksgiving Day.  I always loved shopping at Penny's.  I hope they can turn it around.
 
 
I'm not supposed to have it but I may have to take a sip of some Pearl Street Beer.  It's now being sold in three Minnesota counties and in Madison and they're hoping to expand to the Twin Cities.  It must be good!
 
 
 A caring husband sees that his wife is busy in the kitchen and offers to help.

He: “My dear, what can I do to help you?”

She: “Take this bag of potatoes, peel half of them, and put them in the big pot to cook.”

I'm not too bright.  I, actually, had to look at the picture a couple of seconds before I got it.

TODAY IS:
 
 
 
Could this be right?  A coyote running around, free, in Chicago???

 
 
 
 
 
 
Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com


I love graffiti.........

 
 
Happy Birthday to Goldie Hawn.  She's 68 today.

 
 
 
 
Like the song goes, "Everything's up to date in Kansas City" and I think this time they've gone about as far as you can go.  They're set to open a 17 story water slide.  Not a 17 foot slide.  This is a 17 story waterslide and anyone who wants to, actually, climb up and slide down is totally nuts as far as I'm concerned. CLICK HERE TO READ ALL ABOUT IT

The International Space Station is celebrating its 15th anniversary and NASA has put together a beautiful video showing the highlights of this amazing journey.

 


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER