AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, November 22, 2013

YESTERDAY'S POSTS

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

--John F. Kennedy, 35th US president (1917-1963)




Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com
 
According to this, now that I've retired, except for shredding the toilet paper, my life and a cats life is just about the same.
 
 
 
Where were you 50 years ago today?
 
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!
 



 
Looked out the window, when I got up this morning and, sure enough, the ground is covered with snow.
 
 
 
Did you ever hear of TURDUCKEN?  That sure was a new one on me.  It doesn't sound all that good to me but here it is.
 

 
 
An Australian study has found that kids aren't as physically fit today as they were 50 years ago.  They sure didn't have to spend a bunch of money to find that out. Anyone over 50 could tell you that was true.



I loved the line a frequent flyer gave when asked what he thought of the FCC considering lifting the ban on people using cell phones on airplanes.  He said, "The only way I'd be in favor of this is if the FCC mandated that all those who want to use their cell phones must sit next to family's with screaming kids."




Only in Texas is right.  Look at the temperature range in Texas yesterday.

92 in Brownsville and 24 in Amarillo.





No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER