AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSER AND WORSER

A lot of airlines are starting to add extra seats on the aircraft.  You know what that means.  Take your knee pads because you can expect less leg room.  Also the seat cushions are thinner on the new seats.  Better bring an extra pillow.

I think back to the luxury on my first Northwest (Orient) flight to New York City about a hundred years ago.  Of course, the young kids have no idea that it used to be NORTHWEST ORIENT AIRLINES.  The "Orient" went out the window years ago.  Then the Northwest went south.

Then I think of the luxury of the Pan Am 747 flight Rita and I took to Panama.  Pan-Am is gone too.

I could never have imagined that the unforgettable magic of flying, in those golden years, could deteriorate to what it is today.

I expected the future to just keep getting better and better....not "worser and worser".  I was wrong.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER