AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, January 18, 2014

WE'VE GOT A WINTER WONDERLAND TODAY!

IN FRONT OF THE APARTMENT BUILDING
Today is the first time I had to wear my overshoes this winter.  There's very little traffic and only crazy old men like me are trudging through the snow.
 
It could be a lot worse.  There's no wind and it's not cold so it was, actually, a nice walk over to Co-op.  They were glad to see me.  I was about the only customer they had!

CHICAGO SNOW

FOR WINE LOVERS
Did you catch this page on Yahoo! this morning?  GOOD WINES AROUND $5.00

FROM THE TWIN CITIES


SNOWSTORM
The National Weather Service says up to 4 inches of snow has fallen along and west of the Mississippi River this morning causing a real mess on the highways.

Cars are in the ditch and a jack-knifed semi has been reported.

As the storm moves across the river, travel is expected to become a nightmare in Wisconsin too.

In other words, stay home where you belong!

COLD

 
 
FLU
All I can ask is what the hell is wrong with you people?  If ignorance is bliss, Wisconsin is heaven.
 
When I see that this state ranks as the 47th lowest state for people getting flu shots it's pretty hard to think anything else.
 
Reports say that most people say they don't get the shot because they've never had the flu.  As one person says, "I've never been hit by a car, either, but I still look both ways before I cross the street.
 
It should come as no surprise that the number of people hospitalized with flu is rising in Milwaukee this year and people suffering from flu in Minnesota is reported to be widespread.
 
 
HOMES
Now, this is a place I could call home!
 
 
LITTLE THINGS
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY GOLDSBORO!  73 TODAY.
 
CATS
There's a new cat video on You Tube and, as they all are, this is as cute as can be.

 
 
NASTY WEATHER
I slept in until 4:30 this morning!  Might as well sleep.  The weather isn't good for anything else.
 
I looked at radar as soon as I got up and the snow was just coming across the river.
 
Most of the snow will fall this morning and it should leave 3 to 4 inches behind.  Get the snow blower out!
 
Winds will cause blowing and drifting snow, especially west of the river.
 
Temperature will stay below normal for the next week or so.  Mid-week wind chills will be 20 to 30 below zero again.  The sooner this winter is over the better!!
 
Maybe a little snowfall music from Doris Day will help ease the pain.

 
 DOWNTOWN
Great to see that there are, at least, 8 new businesses opening in downtown La Crosse by this summer.  There are more and more people living and working downtown and with the people here the business is sure to follow.  I love it!
 
I walked by the Hollywood yesterday and the sign company was out in that bitter cold working on the marquee.  There's been a lot of outside work done over these winter months.  I can't wait to see the theater open again.
 
 
FUNNY STUFF
That's what I like about the South.
 
 
DONNIE REPORTS:
"I watched the Cosby bit and then looked up those towns on Google Maps.  Due West, South Carolina is a cute, tiny village.  North, South Carolina is a typical railroad town and looks like Texas."
 
GOOFY BUSINESS
Just what I've always wanted.  A pair of used cowboy boots.

 
  

 
 
 
 
TELEVISION
 
Sherlock Holmes returns to Masterpiece Theater tomorrow night on PBS.
 



I WANT THIS!

I could spend this whole miserable weekend on one of these!  I've got two movies and a good book to go with it.
 
 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER