AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014

LOTS OF THINGS TO CELEBRATE TODAY

It was such a beautiful day, today.  Lot's of sun and mild temperatures for January.  Unfortunately, that kind of weather doesn't last long in the middle of winter.

There's snow on the way for late tonight and most of the day tomorrow.  Winter weather advisories are up for La Crosse to Janesville to Madison for 3 to 5 inches of snow.  We'll have some wind with that.  Looks like the BIG wind will be in eastern South Dakota where I see warnings for white out conditions.

THANK YOU DIGG
For condensing the Golden Globes down to 90 seconds.  This is much better than trying to stay awake through hours of totally boring ego trips.

And here's an interesting item of movie history.  According to the National Museum of American History, It was 75 years ago, today, that it was announced that Vivien Leigh had gotten the part to play Scarlett in "Gone With the Wind".
 


We're celebrating all sorts of things today, boys and girls.  Let's start with RUBBER DUCKY DAY!




LA CROSSE FORECAST:
Snow tonight.  1 to 3 inches.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FROM 9 PM TONIGHT TO 3 PM TOMORROW.


IT'S STEPHEN FOSTER DAY
This gives me a chance to play, what has become, my theme song.


DID YOU KNOW THAT CATS LOVE WATERMELON?

I KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO TODAY!
 
When I got the desk from Aunt Wilda I vowed I would keep it clean and neat at all times.  Now look at it!  Guess I'll clean it off this morning!
 
Did you know there's a McDonalds IN THE LOURVE IN PARIS?
 
I think I'll put that in my "HOW TACKY CAN YOU GET" file.
 


 

Oh, Josh!  You've got it sooo right!

 

I like this photo.  I used to live in San Francisco and remember those cold foggy winter days. 

AMAZING!
I DIDN'T KNOW.
ERIC HAS HIS OWN TEAM!
WYATT EARP DIED ON JANUARY 13, 1929
 
I don't remember what year it was.  Mid-60's, I suppose.  I was standing, in line, to board a plane in Rapid City, bound for Minneapolis.  Johnny Cash and June Carter had performed in the Black Hills the night before and they were on their way to Minneapolis on the same plane.
 
They were right behind me in line and we had a quick visit while waiting.  I met a lot of famous people during my working days and the meeting with Johnny and June was one of the most memorable.
 
It was on January 13, 1968 that Johnny Cash made music history when he performed for the inmates at Folsom Prison.


I see it was SOUTHWEST Airlines that landed at the wrong airport this time.  This was at the end of a Chicago to Branson, Missouri flight last night.

It's really surprising the number of planes that have landed at the wrong airport over the years.  I remember it happening in Rapid City in 2004 when a Northwest flight landed at Ellsworth Air Force Base rather than the Rapid City airport.

The best count I could find shows that there have been 7 incidents of commercial flights landing at the wrong airport since 2010.

This usually happens where the two airports are very close together, as they are in Rapid City and Branson.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER