AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

JANUARY 14: I'M PROTESTING WINTER TODAY

WINTER IS BLASTING WISCONSIN
From what I can see from the window, this is a miserable day to be outside.
 
There's 6 to 7 inches of new snow over Jackson and southern Clark Counties.  It looks like there's still some light snow falling here in town but the wind is blowing it around in great clouds.
 
The National Weather Service says blowing and drifting will make driving hazardous this afternoon.
 
 
 
I'M READING THAT DirecTV CUSTOMERS HAVE LOST THE WEATHER CHANNEL
 
The cable company and the Weather Channel are fighting over fees.
 
When Paul, Dorothy and I had lunch a week ago the subject of the Weather Channel came up.  Paul and I were in total agreement that, since NBC bought the service, they've managed to turn it into a useless piece of crap.  The folks with the DirecTV dish haven't lost much.
 

FORGET THAT EXPENSIVE NEW PHONE YOU JUST BOUGHT...IT'S ALREADY AN ANTIQUE

 

LOVE THIS LINE I JUST SAW ON TWITTER
"Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity."
        

SO LONG SUPREMES
It was on January 14, 1970 that that the Supremes sang, together for the last time, at the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas.
 
The Supremes are gone, the Frontier is gone.  That's time for you.  Nothing is forever.
 


AND HERE'S ANOTHER BIT OF MUSIC HISTORY
It was on February 14, 1960 that ELVIS was promoted to the rank of Sergeant in the U.S. Army.




PLANNING ON RE-PAINTING SOME ROOMS IN THE SPRING?
My interior decorator tells me that BLACK WALLS are the "in thing" for 2014.
 
I had a friend in Rapid City who painted her living room black (and this was way back in the 60's) and I thought she was insane......until I saw it!  It was FANTASTIC!  I never forgot that room.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER