AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, January 16, 2014

JANUARY 16: MORE SNOW ON THE WAY

EMPLOYMENT
Wow!  This is interesting.  Richard Branson is about as successful as you can get and guess what he thinks is important in an employee!
 
I pass this along because texting and the iPhones seem to have left "personality" in the dust.  I see a lot of young college kids come and go in this building and it never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is for them to even say "hello".



 
 

PACKERS




FIGS
Hey kids, it's Fig Newton Day.  I'm sure Fig Newton's are about the most delicious thing you can eat but I can't stand figs.  Go figure.  Since I won't be eating mine, go ahead and help yourself.

 

OSCAR
The Oscar nominations have been announced and, again, I wasn't nominated.  Since I quit drinking my performances aren't what they used to be.

TODAYS QUOTE
"A lot of people like snow.  I find it an unnecessary freezing of water."
Carl Reiner

BLIZZARD
You don't want to "Go West" today young man.


SNOWFLAKE
Isn't this just amazing?  We'll be able to pick some of these up in La Crosse today.


DOGS
Three cheers for the Westminster Dog Show.  For the first time, ever, mixed-breeds will be welcomed in.

IT AIN'T FAIR
They've had a mild winter in Europe and in Great Britain they're already seeing signs of spring! 

DUMBEST NEWS STORY
The most ridiculous story I saw, this morning, came from a researcher at a university in London who released a statement that says her research shows that "drinking is bad for your memory".  I wonder how many drunks she had to interview before she figured that one out.  Give me a break.  Sometimes I think the more education they get the dumber they are.

WINDY DAKOTA
This is going to be a bad hair day in South Dakota.  Rapid City will see wind gusts to 65 MPH and it will be gusting to 58MPH in Sioux Falls.

PENNYS
Glad to see our Penny store survived the chopping block.  5 Penny stores will be closed in Wisconsin.

I used to love shopping at Pennys.  I hope they can turn it around.

CONGRESS
Prohibition went into effect on this date in 1920.  The greatest gift our government ever gave to organized crime.


BIRTHDAY
RONNIE MILSAP turns 71 today!




MORE SNOW
We'll, probably, pick up another inch of snow today  with wind gusts to 35 MPH. Wind chills will be 10 to 25 below zero tonight into tomorrow morning.

Another 2 to 3 inches of snow  can be expected tomorrow night into Saturday morning.


AUNT LIB DIED
JANUARY 16, 1991 
 
 
 
HOW MUCH SLEEP DO YOU NEED?
This is according to the National Sleep Foundation.
 HERE'S A STAIRWAY THAT REALLY MAKES A STATEMENT!
 
If you know anybody that wants to take a trip to the "old country" you might want to share this website on HOW TO TRAVEL NORWAY ON A BUDGET 
 
 
RITA AND I LIVE WITH SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER
 
Aunt Edna had it.  It's a miserable form of depression caused by the shorter days with less light and more dark.
 
Here is one of the goofiest things I've seen that's supposed to help "brighten" your days.  I don't know if it works but I know I wouldn't want to wear it out in public!
 


I WOULD SURE LIKE TO SEE THIS
 
 GOT A HEAVY FOOT?
STAY OUT OF FINLAND!
If you're caught speeding there the fine you pay depends on your annual income. If you make enough, your ticket could cost you thousands of dollars!!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER