AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, January 12, 2014

OH! TO BE YOUNG AGAIN!

THE TEMPERATURE ROSE TO 43 DEGREES IN LA CROSSE THIS AFTERNOON
 
HOW BEAUTIFUL
CAN IT BE REAL?
 
 
GIVE ME SOME SPACE
 As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.

~ John Glenn

*****

BEST QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I don't hate you.  I just don't like that you exist."
(Gena Showalter)
 
GOLDEN GLOBES TONIGHT
One thing about the Golden Globes is that it's always a hundred times more entertaining than the Academy Awards.
 
Even so, I'm so out of touch with the rest of the world I, probably, won't watch it.  I just scanned the list of nominees for "Best Picture" and I've never even heard of any of the films.
 

GLENN YARBROUGH
CELEBRATES HIS
84TH BIRTHDAY
TODAY!
 
DID YOU SEE THIS ON THE YAHOO! FRONT PAGE THIS MORNING?
 
 
HERE'S ANOTHER OLDIE
DONNIE SAYS:


"Remember this 1960's-era typewriter?  I'm offering it on Craigslist.
 
 

THIS LOOKS MISERABLE
Donnie reports:
"Views of cedar/juniper pollen exploding off trees at slightest breeze or touch.  I came away from these pix covered with it.  Linda is sneezing constantly.  Trying to clean the house under these conditions is a fool's chore."




LOOKING FOR SOMETHING
TO DO TODAY?

FOUR OF THE BEST FRIENDS I EVER HAD
Ron, Penny, Gary and Jeannie from Rapid City.  This was taken a hundred years ago when they were young and fun and good looking.  Now, they're wrinkled, old and boring.
 
Ron said they went through their old pictures and they have quite a few of me.  I'll share some with you when I get them.  This was back in the days when I was young and fun and good looking...before I got wrinkled, old and boring.
 
Like they say, life goes on.

 
THE PICTURES ARRIVED
It's hard to believe there was a time when I looked so good.  I guess I must have moved around a lot.  I couldn't help noticing that in every picture I'm in a different city, state or country.
 
It occurs to me that these were the days when I was drinking and smoking.  It was only when I stopped those vices that my body started coming unglued.
 
I knew clean living would never work for me!
 



 
 
SPEAKING OF PICTURES...
 
While looking through the other pictures I ran across this one and wondered where the hell I was!  Donnie is better at keeping records that I am and he attached a note that the picture was taken in Vera Cruz, Mexico.  I don't think all that stuff in front was my stuff but it could have been.
 
By the way, if you ever get to Vera Cruz, the white sand beach is beautiful!
 
The bad news is: I have a dripping problem.
 
The good news is: It's the kitchen sink. 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER