AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, June 27, 2013

SWAT TEAMS

Remember the SWAT teams and police that came rushing through Donnie and Linda's neighborhood with sirens blaring?  Well, Donnie finally saw an article in the paper that gave details.
 
Apparently, one of the neighbors arrived home and noticed several items missing and he thought the robber was still in the house when he called police.  That's what happened in, what the paper called, an "affluent neighborhood".
 
Donnie says:
"I learned three things.  (1) There is such a thing as reverse 911 that allows law enforcement to contact citizens about a problem. (2) That our neighborhood is "affluent".  (3) Affluence attracts burglars (but I guess I already knew that).
 
I thought we were far enough into the wilds that it wasn't worth a burglar's trouble to rough it through the woods.  I guess we'll have to start locking our doors when we leave home."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER