AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, June 24, 2013

SWAT TEAM INVADES DRIPPING SPRINGS

Donnie reported, "I was pulling out of our neighborhood just as the first two police cars went by.  On my way to the golf range and over the next 20 minutes I counted 14 police vehicles headed our way, including three unmarked cars and one SWAT vehicle.  Will we ever get the story?"

All the police had to say was that they were on the scene of "a suspicious circumstances incident."

What on earth could be suspicious about Donnie hitting a few balls on the golf range?  Have we become so paranoid that even these dimpled orbs are now considered "weapons of mass destruction"?  (Which the press and politicians think is a neat phrase for a bunch of bad-ass bombs.)
 
Donnie's story reminds me of Rita waiting in the car for me when I ran into Festival the other day.  When I came out she said she heard sirens coming from all over the downtown area.  I told her not to worry.  The sirens are shrieking up and down the streets morning, noon and night and you never find out what the big emergency was.  I swear, I hear more sirens in La Crosse in one week than I ever heard in Houston.  It's like being in the middle of an episode of "COPS".

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER