AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TODAYS HOLIDAY~MORE HERBS, LESS SALT DAY

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Time to complain.  This is More Herbs, Less Salt Day.  When you have kidney disease you have to celebrate that holiday every day and it ain't easy.

I've gone to websites that give you "helpful hints" on how to replace salt with something else.  The first "else" is to use "Mrs. Dash".  That's fine for most people but not those with kidney disease.  Mrs. Dash is, indeed, free of salt but it's loaded with potassium which is deadly to failing kidneys.

So,  I load up on spices, from the Co-op, and it helps, a bit, but it sure doesn't replace salt.

Up at Rita and Roger's, the other day, I gave in to temptation.  There were some potato chips on the counter and I ate and ate and ate.  I was craving salt.  Roger says you gotta let down once in a while and, I think, he's right.  As Mother's good Armour friend used to say, "Who the hell wants to live to be 100".

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER