AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, August 30, 2012

THE END IS NEAR???

You're going to start seeing a lot of "end of the world" garbage on TV, in movies and books about the end of the world on 21 December of this year.  That "silly talk" has been going around for years and it's based on a prediction in the Mayan calendar which points to that day as a very "special" day but not the end of the world.

This article in National Geographic will give you all you really need to know about what the Mayans actually predicted for December 21, 2012.

While no one can predict the future, I pass the article along in case you're wondering if you should even bother with your Christmas shoppng this year.  Get out there and get me some nice presents.  Unless the doctors find some awful new disease I've picked up, the chances are EXCELLENT that Santa and I and Christimas will all still be around on December 25.

And, in case you don't believe that no one can predict the future, I have a few physics books I've read, over the past couple of years, that prove you can't be 100% sure that ANYTHING is going to happen.....until it happens.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER