AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, March 23, 2012

Nothing can bring back the memories like a song.

I ran across this video, yesterday, and it took me back to Rapid City in the early 60's.  Ron and Penny and Duane and Gary are the only ones left, I guess, that can vouch for me when I say that, back in those days, my birthday was a major production.

With the cold war at its peak, the missile silo's were being built, on the prairie, around the city.  The construction workers made big bucks and business was booming.  There were two big night clubs in town.  The Esquire and The Canyon Lake Club (both gone now). Both clubs featured live shows with lounge acts from the Las Vegas Strip.

I don't remember which birthday it was but the party was at the Canyon Lake Club, that year, and THE PLATTERS  were appearing.  When the cake came out they can down from the stage and sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

I hadn't thought about that in years but those were the days!



1 comments: det said...
A personal birthday song from The Platters--yup, that's when your life peaked.
Never heard that story. How many other highlights have you forgotten?

Mar 23, 2012 7:06:00 AM
 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER