AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, December 22, 2013

SNOW SHOVELING TIME AGAIN

Lynne said that Bob went out and measured the snow.  They got 5 inches around their house. Here in La Crosse the National Weather Service says 1.7" fell at the La Crosse airport.

I sure do remember trudging through snow, up to my knees, to get to work when I lived in Deadwood!

They say Eskimos have 100 words to describe snow.  Is that true?  No!  And there's a lot of other stuff you think is true that isn't. CLICK HERE AND CHECK OUT SOME OTHER PHONEY FACTS
 
THIS BEATS THE HELL OUT OF BINGS VERSION


I'll bet you've heard that the Dutch folks are super liberal and Amsterdam is a real party town.  Well, you're wrong about that too.
 
Let me give you an example.  Bars in Amsterdam that are caught with, obviously, drunk persons in their bar will be CLOSED FOR A WEEK.  If they're caught a second time they'll be CLOSED FOR A MONTH and the third time you're out.  THE BAR IS CLOSED FOREVER.
 
And, that's not all.  Beginning January 1, bars that are found to be playing music too loudly will also be closed for a week for the first offence, closed for a month for the second offence and the third time the cops have to tell them to turn the music down they'll be locked up forever.
 
I wonder how long the bars on 3rd Street could survive under Dutch law!!
 
 
I was thinking of making a Christmas video....until I saw this. 
 

I know that Rita and I, alone, could eat a full plate of these cute little penguins made from ripe olives, cheese and carrots.  Wonder if I should whip up a batch for Christmas....
CHECK OUT THE RECIPE HERE



I saw this in a tweet from Wisconsin.  Probably in bad taste but it's pure Wisconsin humor.


Wow!  You think our laws are too harsh??  Take a look at this!



 



MY FAVORITE BEER

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER