AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS EVE WITHOUT THE LUTEFISK

Don't you wish you were back in the old country?


I've got my annual winter cold sore.  Have never been able to get through a winter without getting one.

I bundled up and went over to the Co-op this morning.  Although the weather bureau says there are wind chills to 30 below there isn't any wind in town so it wasn't all that bad.  No frost bite! 
 

There's a story in the New York Times that is just soooo Wisconsin!  Did you know they're pouring CHEESE on slippery streets in MilwaukeeREAD THIS AMAZING ARTICLE RIGHT HERE

I can, usually, make it through any kind of weather but this cold is just too much.  I think I'll be stuck at home until it warms up a bit.

The National Weather Service says temperatures in the single digits to teens below zero, coupled with light west winds, were enough to drop wind chills into the 20 to 30 below zero range early this morning.

To add to the misery, snow moves in tonight with a fresh blanket of 3 to 4 inches by Christmas morning.  There could, also, be blowing and drifting snow in open areas tomorrow morning.

 

Anybody who knows me very well knows I can't stand Christmas music.  Never could stand Christmas music.
BUT.....
Today is Eggnog day and I finally found a Christmas song that I like.  Can't believe it but I had never heard this song until this morning.

AND, WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT OF EGGNOG...

 
 



 
 
TODAY MARKS
9 YEARS OF RETIREMENT
FOR ME
 
 HERE IT IS
THE OFFICIAL NORAD
SANTA TRACKER
CLICK HERE
 


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY






OK, so you put a string of lights around the front door and think it looks pretty neat.  Well, take a look at this outside display.  THIS is what you call pretty neat.
 
The home is in Pleasant Grove, Utah.  It featured 45,000 lights and it took 3 men to handle the traffic by the house.  Sadly, there was so much traffic the display had to be taken down.
 
 

I know a lot of people who could fit into this shirt.

ONLY IN NEW YORK:  The Empire State Building is all decked out with a brand new LED light display at the top of the building.  With 16 million color combinations there should be plenty of variety!




I never thought of it before but he makes a good point.
Ricky Martin is 42 today.  Still livin' la vida loca.  I want some of the energy drink these folks are on!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER