AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, December 23, 2013

FORECAST LOW FOR LA CROSSE TONIGHT: 7 BELOW...DON'T EVEN ASK ABOUT WIND CHILL

I THINK THIS IS ALL I NEED TO KNOW


KWIK TRIP HAS A QUESTION FOR YOU


A QUOTE TO REMEMBER



A WORD OF CAUTION
FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE



WIND CHILLS WILL DROP INTO THE 15 TO 25 DEGREE BELOW ZERO RANGE
TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY MORNING. A WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS LIKELY FOR
SOME LOCATIONS.



DONNIE AND LINDA
ARE SHIVERING
28 DEGREES AT 5:00 AM
IN DRIPPING (FROZEN) SPRINGS

Would you like to take a walk down memory lane?  Thanks to GOOGLE+ you can TAKE A LOOK AT THIS PHOTO ALBUM which features photos we've had on this blog through the years.  You're sure to find some you have forgotten about!  I had, totally, forgotten about this one and it's so good I have to repeat it again!


Donnie tells me you have to sign in with your Google account before you can see the pictures.  Hope you have a Google account.


Miserable damn weather.  The snow is coming to an end but very cold weather moves in. Today's high will be around 12 with wind chills of 4 below.  We could also see another inch, or two, of snow on Christmas Eve.

We've had falling snow, in La Crosse, 4 out of the past 10 Christmases.


TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE BIGGEST HOLIDAY OF THEM ALL!  FESTIVUS!
 

DON'T FORGET: The La Crosse County Tavern League is, again, offering free taxi rides for anyone who has had a little too much holiday cheer.  Sometimes, Festivus can get the best of us.
I ran across this great old photo of a North Central Airlines DC-3 that brought back some wonderful memories.
 
When I was living in Deadwood...back in those old DC-3 days....I would get someone to drive me to Spearfish where I caught the North Central flight to Minneapolis.  Our flight landed in Rapid City, Aberdeen and Watertown before, finally, landing in Minneapolis where I could board another DC-3 to Winona and then La Crosse.  It was faster than driving....but not much!

Now, the DC-3 is gone, North Central is gone and I'm getting damn close to gone.
 
 NEAT TRICK!!
 
 
They hold a fabulous snow sculpture contest in China every year and the works they create are hard to believe.  TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICTURES HERE.
 

 Did you ever see a cat ride a rooster?
 
 
 

HAPPY BIRDAY SUSAN LUCCI
67 TODAY!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER