AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

CRAZY WEATHER EVERYWHERE

Snow emergencies have been declared for Minneapolis and St. Paul.
 
Rapid City had a wind chill of 15 below at 2:00 P.M.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHRIS HILLMAN one of the original members of The Byrds.  Chris turns 69 today.


Time Magazine says on-line tracking my not be all that bad for you.  CLICK HERE TO READ THE ARTICLE
Duane is not, at all, happy with the weather in Rapid City this morning.

"Snow, cold, sib-zero temps.  Damn wind too."

And Donnie reports the crazy weather continues in Texas.  "High today 84.  High tomorrow 34."

So far, the snow and freezing rain is tracking to the north of La Crosse which is just fine with me.  Light snow is falling at Minneapolis/St. Paul this morning.

The National Weather Service says 2 to 4 inches of snow will fall north of Highway 29.  1 to 2 inches can be expected south of the highway.



I see, by the old calendar, that today is COOKIE DAY which reminds me of a joke......
One day, a blind man and his dog are walking down a street, they come to a busy intersection, and the dog, ignoring the high volume of traffic zooming by on the street, leads the blind man out into the thick of traffic. This is followed by the screech of tires and horns blaring as panicked drivers try desperately not to run the pair down.

The blind man and his dog finally reach the safety of the sidewalk on the other side of the street, and the blind man pulls a cookie out of his coat pocket, and offers it to the dog.

A passerby, having observed the near fatal incident, can't control his amazement and says to the blind man, "Why on earth are you rewarding your dog with a cookie? He nearly got you killed!"

The blind man turns partially in his direction and replies, "To find out where his head is, so I can kick his ass."

It was 34 degrees, outside, when I got up this morning.  The forecast calls for light rain most of the day.  I was going to complain until I looked at conditions in Rapid City and Worland.  I think I'll take the rain and above freezing temperatures.
 
At 3 AM Rapid City was at 8 degrees and Worland had 11.

 
Rita and Roger got a new tree this year.  There's nothing like getting the tree up and decorated.






You know that silly touch pad they put on these damn computers that you can use in place of a mouse?  I've watched kids use it and it works fine.  I've tried it and couldn't make the damn thing work if my life depended on it.
 
Anyway, I tend to rest my hand on that stupid pad while I'm typing and it sends the cursor off in all sorts of crazy directions.  Sometimes it sends me to a whole new page.
 
I'm thinking there has got to be a way to disable said touch pad  but, so far, I haven't been able to find any place where you could do that.
 
Nowadays, God forbid that a company would lower themselves to include an instruction book with the junk they sell.  They got their money.  Screw the customer.  Let them figure out how to use the product as best they can.
 
If anyone has any idea how I can kill the touchpad, without destroying the whole computer, let me know.  I'd rather just get rid of the touchpad now.  I'll destroy the whole computer later.
Old radio guys never die, they just tune out.  That's why I have to quote some statistics that might surprise you.
 
Facebook has 198 million users, per month, in the USA.  Twitter has 49 million users, per month, in the usa.
 
Radio has 241.8 million listeners per week, not per month, PER WEEK.  So stick that up your website you internet guys!

 Would you believe we have a DRIVE-THRU CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP in La Crosse?  This is what it has come to.

In the old days, one of the highlights of the year was taking the whole family into the woods to cut down a tree for Christmas.  Now, we've gotten so lazy, and spoiled, we don't want to even get out of the car to get the tree.

What if, all of a sudden, Santa decided he didn't want to get out of the sleigh anymore?  You'd have to crawl up the chimney, get out on the roof, and grab your present out of Santa's back seat.
 
 
 Christmas ain't what it used to be.


Thomas Jefferson said it: "We never repent of eating too little."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER