AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, December 05, 2013

R.I.P. NELSON MANDELA

 
 

They say our wind chill values will be around 12 below tonight and all day tomorrow.  First thing, in the morning, I'm going to get the crockpot going with home made soup and I'll curl up in my big easy chair and spend the day at home.

It was 78 in Edinburg at 4:00 PM. I should have stayed there.
 
 






Back from the clinic and all is wellMy blood work showed some amazingly good numbers this morning.  Every time I go I keep asking myself, "how long can this go on"? 
 
One of these days, one would think, the tests will show there's, actually, something wrong with me.  In the meantime I have to ask why am I spending so much time with the doctors if I'm in such good shape?
My favorite tweet of the morning:



 HAPPY BIRTHDAY
LITTLE RICHARD
81 TODAY!


SAFE AT LAST
SAFE AT LAST!
 
 
 



THIS WAS A GREAT DAY FOR 3RD STREET!

Old Man Winter isn't fooling around anymore.  The seriously cold weather is here.  This is the latest advisory from the National Weather Service.

"WIND CHILLS THURSDAY NIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 5 TO 25 BELOW. THESE COLD WIND CHILLS WILL PERSIST THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING."

They're already getting those cold wind chills out west.  AT 2:00, this morning, the wind chill was 20 below in Rapid City.


This is a really, really frightening picture.  He can't swim a stroke.  The only way he goes in the water is down.  What is he doing in this floating balloon?
Have you read the book "Old Man and the Sea"?  This is from the movie.
 

 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER