AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, November 28, 2013

TURKEY DAY IS HERE




It's going to be a cold Thanksgiving in La Crosse.  Temperatures won't get out of the 20's but, at least, we'll have some sun.

In much of the south it won't be a lot warmer than it is here.  Atlanta and Myrtle Beach won't get out of the 40's today.  This is the coldest Thanksgiving the south as seen it years.

It was 33 degrees in Dripping Springs this morning but Donnie and Linda will enjoy temperatures in the low 50's this afternoon.

The Packers will play Detroit in 20 degree weather with snow showers this afternoon.

If I could be anywhere in the world this morning where would it be?  Well, you know me.  I'd rather be in the warmest place I could find and, this morning, it would be Panama City, Panama where it was 77 at 5 AM.

 
Hey!  Here's a deal for you.  Make a copy of this and get a free coffee!




 
The smart folks waited until today to fly home for Thanksgiving.  Nation-wide there are, virtually, no delays or cancellations at any of the major hubs this morning.


Happy Birthday to Barry Gordy, the founder of MOTOWN RECORDS, who brought us some of the greatest rock stars of all time.  He's celebrating 84 years today.



Here's hoping you all have a wonderful holiday with lots of good food and, if you're living in Wisconsin, Packers football!
 
 
ALL DRESSED UP FOR
TURKEY DAY
 

 
 
 The Brits have such a quirky sense of humor...and if you think this is funny...wait until you see what I have for you tomorrow!

 
Here's hoping that your Thanksgiving day is filled with the same family love and joy that you'll find at this house.
 
 


Drive carefully over the river and through the woods!
Look at the beautiful Christmas lights they have in Singapore!  Click on the picture for a larger view.
 


I see the mall will open at 8 o'clock tonight and most of the stores will be open by midnight.  I wonder why we don't stop calling this "the Christmas holidays" and start calling it what it really is, "The Festival of Greed".

If you're planning at trip to Las Vegas in the coming year, as a public service, I want to pass this tweet along.
 



 Rita called yesterday to tell me about all the good things we'll have to eat today.  Potatoes, lefse and dressing with lots of salt.  She was concerned that it's all stuff I'm not supposed to eat.
 
I told her not to worry.  I'm going to eat it all.  Have you read the obituaries lately?  Have you noticed how many people in their 70's die?
 
Let's face it, kids, I'm not going to have that many more Thanksgivings and I'm going to enjoy every one that I have left.  Give the diet a rest for one day.  Like Vesta used to say, "who the hell wants to live to be 100?"
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER