AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, January 17, 2013

THOSE OLD KIDNEYS AIN'T WHAT THEY USED TO BE

I never used to have trouble sleeping and many nights I still don't but there are now other nights that I just forget about sleep and get up.  Last night was one of those nights.  No use to lay there with eyes wide open.

This, of course, is caused by failing kidneys that can't filter out the body's toxins which then invade the organs and bloodstream instead of being eliminated and that's a major UFF DA.

I cheated on my diet when I went to lunch with Janie yesterday.  Ate stuff that is very much forbidden.  I think that's what caused me to be "Sleepless in La Crosse" last night.

I have another round of doctor visits coming up and I'll get some more pills they offered me before to help me sleep.  I've got so many pills now, one more won't be a problem.

I guess I'll have to face the fact that cheating is not worth the price you have to pay.  But, I still have my memories and I'm remembering how great that chili tasted yesterday!

By the way, I read, the other day, that failing kidneys can affect mental health.  HEY! I'm way ahead of them there!  My mental health was affected long before my kidneys started laying down on the job.


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER