AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, January 18, 2013

THE GREAT SAN FRANCISCO COVER-UP

Bob, Lynne, Daniel and Jon on a visit to San Francisco.
I always say I hated living in SAN FRANCISCO but that's not exactly true. What I hated was the weather and the hills in San Francisco. Thick fog and cold drizzle while climbing is just not my thing.

What I did like was living a year in a city that's like no other city on earth. They do stuff in San Francisco that we wouldn't even talk about here. So I had to smile when I read, this morning, about the new city ordinance that goes into effect on February 1.

On that date it will no longer be legal to walk down the street naked. Didn't know public nudity was legal in San Francisco? Ah, yes. They do let it all hang out but that will come to an end in a couple of weeks. But, wait! This is San Francisco where there are always exceptions to the rule.

There are some events in the city by the bay that just wouldn't be the same with your clothes on....like the Folsom Street Fair to name one. So, on those days the city will, gladly, give you a permit to frolic at the fair as naked as the day you were born. And, let me tell you something. After you've attended one of those "frolics", Oktoberfest will look pretty tame.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER