AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com
 
Six days is a long time to out of touch with the world but I learned one thing.  Be very careful what you click on and learn more about this damn computer!

Another thing I learned.  It may be a good idea to take this thing into the "fix-it-guys" just to have them clean everything out and give it a tune-up once a year.  This baby is running just like it did when it was brand new.  Absolutely NO WAITING for things to load.  I love it!


Over 60 email in the gmail account.  I've been out of touch too long.  It will take a while to wade through all of that!

Love this one from Carl.
I was in Orlando, Florida and I saw a bumper sticker on a parked car that read, "I miss Chicago."  So, I broke the window, stole the radio, shot out two tires and left a note that said, "I hope this helps."

Donnie sent this good advice.
From a back-to-school message, from the president to the students, of an upper-end east coast university.

"As we begin this semester, have the courage to spend time alone.  In order to master your fields, in order to be creative, in order to sink deeply into your work, seek out solitude.  Take the time to be silent, to think and to learn."

We could all benefit from this advice.  One of America's biggest problems is that everybody is talking and nobody is listening.  These past days, without the computer, I've been forced to watch some TV and it has become, abundently clear that we need to do a lot more listening and MUCH LESS TALKING.

BOY!  HERE'S ONE I DON'T REMEMBER.
Donnie sent it.  That's a young version of me on a trolley in Vera Cruz, Mexico way back in 1981.



No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER