AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A SAD STORY

AWAY IN THE MANGER
A STORY FROM RITA

"This morning Roger went down to get the paper and when he came back in he insisted I come down to the basement. There, outside the door with my nativity set, was a big fat slow moving raccoon. He/she wouldn't go away when Roger tried to scare it. It wouldn't move. I told Roger to shoot it and bury it and he responded "Let me know how that works out for you". Evidently he didn't want to do that - said that if it had a disease the dogs might get infected if he shot it so close to the house. So he called the Humane Society.

Kathy from the Humane Society came out, caught the coon with a hoop on a pole and put it into a cage. We were looking at it. It appeared blind with a tick on its face. Very little aggression in it. Looked pretty sickly. I told Kathy that it kept trying to be near the baby Jesus - she said it would get there by nightfall."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER