AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

THIS IS "NO SALT WEEK"

Actually, for me, every week is no salt week and if you think I like it you're crazy.  And, if people tell you they have a great substitute for salt they're crazy.

I found a brownie recipe that sounds good.  It only calls for a teaspoon of salt.  I thought I could "cheat" a bit.  Everybody has to have a little salt.  Then I remembered I can't eat chocolate and there SURE is no substitute for chocolate!

I'll share the recipe with you anyway.  You might like it.

Remove teddy bear from oven and preheat oven to 375.
Melt 1 cup margarine in saucepan.
Remove teddy bear from oven and tell Billy "no, no."
Add margarine to 2 cups sugar.
Take shortening can away from Billy and clean cupboards.
Measure 1/3 cup cocoa.
Take shortening can away from Billy again and bathe cat.
Apply antiseptic and bandages to scratches sustained while removing shortening from cat's tail.
Assemble 4 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1-1/2 cups sifted flour.
Take smoldering teddy bear from oven and open all doors and windows
for ventilation.
Take telephone away from Billy and assure party on the line the call was a mistake. Call operator and attempt to have direct dialed call removed from bill.
Measure 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 cup nuts and beat all ingredients well.
Let cat out of refrigerator.
Pour mixture into well-greased 9x13-inch pan.
Bake 25 minutes.
Rescue cat and take razor away from Billy.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER