AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, October 01, 2012

SO WHAT?

I read a report from CNN about a study they did at the University of California in Berkeley that showed that 2, 3 and 4 year old kids can learn from experiments, statistics and the actions of others in the same way that scientists do.  The researchers fixed up a box that played music if the kids put blocks on the box in a certain configuration.  The kids figured it out and the music played.

That was the story but it confused me.  The same sort of experiments have been done on monkeys, many times, and the monkeys can figure it out too.  So, I asked Donnie, what's the point?

Donnie answered, "You are right, this is dumb. Talk about government waste of resources? Just look at academia. I like the old observation that sociology and psychology are the "tedious elaboration of the obvious."

There you go.  I was right again.  I do take after my mother.  She was always right.  And, as a matter of fact, so are the monkeys.


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER