AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

I JUST LEARNED SOMETHING I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WANTED TO KNOW

 When you're asked for your social security number, have you ever wondered what those numbers mean?  I haven't.  Mainly because I didn't even know they did mean anything.  I thought it was just a number.  How could I live so long and not know things like this?

Well, anyway, here's what they mean.  The first three numbers are a code for the place you or your parents were at when they/you applied for the card.  The second two numbers stand for the year you applied but it's in code so it, probably, won't be the actual year you applied.  And, the last set of numbers are your "CITIZEN NUMBER".

You didn't even know you had a citizen number, did you?  When they tell you you're "just a number", now you'll know what that number is!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER