AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, September 14, 2012

BE ADVISED...IF YOU'RE GOING TO NEW YORK

There was a lot of controversy over it but Mayor Bloomberg got his way.  The New York City Board of Health, yesterday, passed the law that forbids serving soft drinks that are over 16 ounces.  This goes for restaurants, Theaters, sports stadiums, etc.  The city is attempting to help take care of your health and obesity problems by making sure you're not  injesting too much sugar.

I remember, one of the young men I worked with at the hotel took his first trip to New York.  When he got back I asked him what impressed him the most.  I expected to hear tall buildings, Statue of Liberty, Radio City Music Hall or something along those lines. Stuff that impressed me the first time I saw New York. That's not what I got.

He said the thing that impressed him most was that he didn't see any fat people on the streets.  He, obviously, wasn't walking on the same streets that Mayor Bloomberg walks on.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER