AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

I don't care what they say, THIS IS NOT PROGRESS.

I've been off line, most of the day, due to the sudden death of my modem.

After a trip to Charter's office (thanks to Carl) and then coming home, hooking up the new modem according to the full page of instructions I was given.  Discovering that it didn't work at all....calling another Charter number and talking to another very nice person who couldn't make it work either.  Sitting on hold for an eternity while she "thought".

Finally just unplugging the whole damn thing from the wall.  Plugging it back in and discovering it now worked, although, she had no idea why...finally ending the conversation by telling me that things "SHOULD" now work OK.  I am back on line for the moment.  Still....that word "should" is lurking in the back of my mind.  I "should" be worth millions but that ain't gonna happen either.

In the meantime, the clinic called to set up the appointment for them to start cutting up my ear in an attempt to get all the cancer out.  The lady said I'll be there for a good four or five hours.

They'll cut some and have the lab check it out.  Then, she said, if we don't get it all we'll go back in and "dig out some more" until we have it all.  An ear doesn't have a lot of working surface.  I'm thinking....too much digging and I'll look like Van Gogh.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER