AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, April 30, 2012

DONNIE COMMENTS:

ON SCREEN FREE WEEK:
"I was net free for two days on my overnight to Dallas. When the hotel clerk asked if I'd be needing WiFi, I felt a real thrill saying "no."  I did, however, watch the hotel TV--or, rather, turn it on; there was nothing worth watching.

As Linda always says, how is it possible to have so many channels and not be able to find anything worth watching?

So I say, let's get rid of the TV. But no, we can't bring ourselves to that. But just consider the HUGE amount of money and time and "talent" spent on producing crap. We are a fatally wasteful society."


ON THE QUOTE OF THE DAY:
I like Oscar Wilde's version better:  "Nothing succeeds like excess."

ON BLOWING AND SNEEZING:
"Linda, too, had one of her worst allergy days Saturday. Things here have dried out too much. After wet Jan-Feb-Mar, we have had no rain in April."


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER