AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Been there. Done that.

If you've lived more than 70 years, and you're a bit odd to begin with, there isn't much that you haven't done before.  I fit, very snugly, into that category.  Today's holiday is a good example.

I went to a funeral, years ago, when I lived in Rapid City, wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe.  It wasn't a fashion statement and I had no idea they would make a holiday out of it but I must have started a trend.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice the error of my ways until someone pointed it out as they were lowering the body into the grave.  Once it was pointed out, the people around me began to giggle.  As giggles go, that was the worst possible moment.

It was a long time before I was invited to another funeral.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER