AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, February 24, 2012

A RITA REVIEW

"Yesterday my cousin, Nancy Jo, and I took a bus trip to near Minneapolis to see one of the Church Basement Ladies plays.  They are musical comedies that take place in a Lutheran Church basement.

I have never laughed so hard.  I actually started to cry because I was laughing so hard.  The play would be funny for anyone, but, if you were raised in the Lutheran church it is hysterical.  I saw our mothers in the characters.

The best part was when the pastor's wedding reception had to be switched  to the Catholic church and the ladies were trying to figure out the Catholic recipes and ingredients.  They had never heard of basil (pronounced "beezile") and couldn't figure out why the Catholics didn't just use salt and pepper.

One character had the humor of Maxine (from  Hallmark cards).  It was one of the best plays I've ever seen.  I hope some of our cousins get a chance to see it."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER