AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

THIS IS THE NEATEST NEWS OF THE DAY

US Foods and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board have announced the winners of the WISCONSIN CHEESEBURGER CONTEST.  The winners were picked by restaurant customers across the USA who voted  on creativity, originality and trend setting ideas in cheeseburgers that included Wisconsin cheese.

I just loved seeing that one of the winning cheeseburgers from food establishments in the USA came from the The Grand Oasis in the little town of Mobridge, South Dakota!!

The timing for this was unbelievable considering that I spent a Thanksgiving in Mobridge many, many, many decades ago.  And, I love this...the name of their cheeseburger is the SOUTH OF THE BORDER CHEESEBURGER.  Indeed, Mobridge is just "south of the border".....from North Dakota!

I probably won't get back to Mobridge in this lifetime but, if I do, I will stop in and try one of those cheeseburgers before stopping off, again, to pay my respects at the final resting place of Sitting Bull just outside of town.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER