AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, November 18, 2011

DREAMS

I had another radio dream last night.  One of the reacurring ones.  Locked out of the control room and the record is running out.

I don't know about the young people, in radio, today but us old timers all know about the radio dreams.  We've all had them...over and over again.

Things are so different now but, back in my time, radio wasn't a job.  It was our life, 24 hours a day, seven days a week and when we weren't living it we were dreaming about it.

I honestly never knew what "working" was like until I left radio and went to work for the airline.  I was almost 40 years old and someone had to show me how to use a time clock.  I had never seen one.  I quickly learned what it was like to get up and think, "I really don't want to go to work today".  That never happened in the radio days.  We weren't working.  We were having fun and getting paid for it, which was silly because we would have done it for nothing.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER