AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

LIBRARY

HERE WE GO AGAIN
The library will be closed Sunday so they can install a new computer catalog and check-out system.  I give up.  I have never been able to figure out the old computer check out system yet.  I like the old fashioned way.  You stand in line and wait for a real human being to check the books out for you.

I used to think it was just me.  Then I noticed that most people stand in line and wait for the human while the computer checkouts stand idle.

And, while we're at it, what's this with the aisle where you can scan your own groceries at the grocery store?  And the aisles where you bag your own groceries?  Shouldn't I get a discount if I'm doing the work?  The store has, obviously, taken the job away from someone who needs it.  Now they want me to do the work and pay full price for the groceries.  The price, I might add, that keeps going up every week.

You know what?  I'm tired of getting screwed.  It seems like I'm doing "...a whole lot for not a lot of money".  That catchy little jingle makes me gag every time I hear it.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER