AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's no secret that I invented "early to bed".

It's also no secret that I'd rather fly than eat and can go for days without turning the TV on.  But, I will make an exception this fall and I will try REALLY HARD to stay up until 9 to watch the premier of the the new ABC show, Pan Am which will air on Sunday nights.

The show takes us back to the 60's (my favorite decade) when the epitome of flying was Pan American World Airways.  They were the first with the 747's and everything, even in coach, was far more elegant than you can get today paying more than $3,000 for a first class flight across the country

I have to say, I watched the promo below and get the feeling it's going to be dreadfully bad but, for the nostalgia alone, I'll do everything I can think of to stay awake long enough to give it a try.

My fondest memory of PAN AM was the flight, with Rita, on PAN AM from Miami to Panama.  What a day that was!!




No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER