AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here's the mystery of the day:

Rita is turning 65 next month so she called Social Security to make an appointment to sign up, or whatever it is you do.  It's been so long I can't remember anything I had to do when I was 65.  I don't even remember what I had to do yesterday.  Good thing she called.

Seems as though, back in 1984, someone changed her middle name from Jane to Jean.  Now she'll have to show up with birth certificate, passport and anything else she has that might prove she is who she says she is.  That might not be all that easy.  I'm not even sure she is who she says she is.

Now, she's in a dither wondering who, on earth, would go to Social Security and change her name.  I'm convinced it's a typo.  A clerical error.  Of course,  you'll never get the government to admit they made a mistake.

By the way, I'm not so sure the government is who they say they are either.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER