AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, May 23, 2014

WINDOWS 8 WOES

Just finished a long phone call with Ron from Rapid City.  He got a new Dell computer with WINDOWS 8 and it's driving him to tears just like it did with me.  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who can't figure it out!
 
Ron is pretty sharp with computers but, believe me, that doesn't help much when you get to Windows 8.  You turn it on and it's like you've never seen a computer before in your life.
 
He called because he couldn't figure out how to even turn the computer off!  I told him not to despair because it took me a good two weeks before I figured it out.
 
The thing about Windows 8 is that, although it is a nightmare to begin with, I would urge anyone to stay with it for a while and once you figure it out you'll find out you can do a lot more with it than you could with the old Windows and it's SO MUCH faster.
 
My biggest complaint about buying anything anymore is that there is no instruction book with anything you buy.
 
What the hell happened to instruction manuals?  Are these young kids, now, just naturally born knowing everything??  Nobody needs instructions anymore?  If that's the case, lets just shut down the schools and save a lot of money!
 
But, you know, now that I think about it, When I was 18 I knew absolutely everything too.  Nobody could tell me anything.  Today I turn 74 and I'll be the first to tell you I don't know a damn thing.  I wish I was 18 again so I could figure out how to answer the phone.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER