AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, May 08, 2014

THE LATEST DISPATCH FROM DONNIE

"Antwerp, Ohio is a charming little prairie hamlet and I'm enjoying more of spring harbingers in the North.  Evergreen woods, dandelions, tulips ablaze, robins and redwing blackbirds.
 
Reached Toledo by noon.  Suddenly found myself in front of the Toledo Museum of Art.  I had forgotten what an outstanding museum it is, among the top 10 in the nation and famous for its unique glass collection.
 
Tomorrow I'll visit my alma mater, though I think school season is winding down and I'm not likely to find anyone who has been in the history department 40 years.
 
My motel is a good way out of Toledo proper but both the University and evening concert venue are easy reaches off the same street that passes the motel.
 
..
 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER