AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Oh!! What a day!!!

Carl was here most of the afternoon trying to hook up the new set top converter box that Charter Cable told me I had to have.

He spent hours on the phone with Charter.  Finally, I was getting the new digital TV service but I was NOT getting any internet.

It was many calls later that we found out the old internet modem I had is not compatible with the new digital service so I have to get the old modem back to Charter and they'll give me a new one.

In the meantime, we unhooked the old digital modem and I'm back on the old analog modem so that I can stay on the internet.  Then when I get the new modem I can, I hope, go back to the new digital system.

What I really want to do is go back to the days we had a phone screwed to the wall and we had to turn a crank and give a LIVE operator the number we wanted to talk to.

I can't live with any more "technology".

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER